What is our Virtual Advisory Board (VAB)
Our Virtual Advisory Board (VAB) is a group of experts who provide advice and guidance to your organisation remotely via email. Our VAB is typically focused on providing strategic guidance and industry expertise and is customised to suit your needs. They are available on-demand both individually or collectively and don’t require a fixed schedule of meetings.
Who is this for?
Our VABs are specifically designed to meet the needs of the following types of organisations:
- Start-ups and small businesses – particularly useful for those who do not have the resources (time or money) to assemble or engage our traditional advisory board or individual mentoring services.
- Nonprofits – A useful tool for nonprofits, particularly those that operate over a geographically diversified footprint and require specific expertise to complement their existing board, at accessible rates.
- Professional associations – Associations, particularly membership-based organisations can use VABs to gather input and guidance from a diverse group of experts and professionals to supplement their existing team.
Why use MAP’s VAB?
There are several advantages to using our Virtual Advisory Board:
- Cost – More cost-effective than in-person advisory boards, eliminating the need for coordinating calendars and dedicated time-consuming meeting schedules.
- Flexibility – As the VAB meet and communicate remotely and on-demand. They can be more flexible and adaptable than in-person advisory boards. This can be particularly useful for organisations that struggle with fixed meeting schedules or want to operate outside of standard business hours.
- Expertise – Experts from a wide range of fields and locations can be accessed, which can be beneficial for organisations that need to tap into specialised knowledge and experience, without increased overheads or commitment.
Choose a VAB that suits you
The MAP Institute provides highly-customised Virtual Advisory Boards that you can tailor to your needs. You can choose what expertise you would like included in your VAB and each VAB team member is available individually or as a collective board. Our VABs operate completely remotely and are accessible on-demand via email.
Our VABs are available to 3 depths of accessibility and engagement as outlined below, on a monthly basis:
|Response time||5 days||3 days||Next day|
Explore ideas, solve problems, and generate new solutions. Our thought partners will:
- Listen actively and ask clarifying questions.
- Challenge assumptions.
- Offer diverse perspectives.
- Collaborate and co-create.
- Support and encourage.
A team of mentors supporting your organisation will add:
- Expertise and experience.
- Increased accountability.
- Personal development.
- Fresh perspectives.
- Networking opportunities.
Experienced, wise business operators with significant business acumen add value through:
- Strategic guidance.
- Leadership development.
- Decision-making support.
- Industry expertise.
- Networking opportunities.
You can choose which skills you would like the members of your VAB team to have. Depending on the VAB package you choose and the team members you select, the MAP Institute will then identify and select the most appropriate individuals to comprise your team. The available team skills and roles to choose from include:
- Chair – Corporate strategist who assists you to define your overall strategy and outcomes for your organisation.
- CEO – Business strategist which aims to achieve your designated outcomes.
- COO – Chief Operations Officer
- CFO – Chief Finance Officer
- CTO – Chief Technology Officer
- CMO – Chief Marketing Officer
- HR (Human Resources) Director – Recommendations and guidance on all issues related to your human capital.
- Industry specialist – you choose the industry and we’ll find an appropriate industry insider to add corporate knowledge and industry expertise.